Move jails hard way to iocage
Jacques Foucry
2021-03-27 08:28:31 UTC
Hello Friends,
I run many jails, configured in the "hard way" (ie `/etc/jail.conf` file) and
I would like to move them into iocage.
I can't find any help on the Internet (may be I did search corretly).
Did some own have a pointer or a how-to?
I am not using iocage but it should not be hard. I guess you can create
jails with names and setting you want (not start them) and then move
(rename) ZFS filesystems if they are used in your current setup. Or just
move files with rsync from old jail to new jail. What will be better for
your setup.
That's the way Dan Langille use in
https://dan.langille.org/2019/04/08/converting-thin-jails-to-thick-jails/, and
I will use this experience for moving my jail.conf

Thanks for your answer and your time
--
Jacques Foucry